Security Analysts work with and learn from experienced security team leaders to detect, analyze, and limit intrusions and security events using the latest technology. Candidates must be willing to work in a 24x7x365 SOC environment, exhibit practical problem-solving skills and allow flexible scheduling.
The SOC Analyst will work together to detect and respond to incidents related to information security, maintain and follow procedures for alerting security events, and participate in security investigations. The SOC Analyst will perform tasks including monitoring, research, classification and analysis of network or endpoint security events.
The SOC Analyst should be familiar with network and endpoint security concepts, recent risk and attack patterns, and should have in-depth working knowledge of security standards such as protection.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATIONS and QUALIFICATIONS
- Performs monitoring of network security and responds to incidents for various clients.
- Maintains documentation of compliance monitoring and response operations, using software for case management and ticketing.
- Monitors and analyses Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify remediation security issues.
- Develop, change and review the rules for Security Information Event Management (SIEM).
- Recognizes potential, successful and unsuccessful attempts at intrusion and compromises by reviewing and analysing the details and summary information of the relevant event.
- Communicates alerts to customers to their network infrastructure, applications and operating systems regarding intrusions and compromises.
- Consolidates and performs a comprehensive analysis of risk information from confidential, proprietary and open source tools to provide indicators and warnings of potential attacks on unclassified and classified networks.
- 1-3 years of relevant IT and/or information security expertise desired. Willingness to learn and improving skills constantly to ensure the success of the business and its goals.
- Candidates must be able to work within a 24x7x365 Security Operations Center (SOC) setting in a flexible schedule, as well as working holidays can be required.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills as interpersonal skills interact with customers, members and management interact
- An understanding of cyber security incident response and network security for computer networking (tcp / ip)
- Knowledge of windows, linux and cisco operation systems and information security; knowledge of intrusion detection systems (ids)